On September 9, the Alliance for Industrial Efficiency sent a letter to the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) asking the IURC to evaluate CHP and WHP potential in modeling scenarios of the state’s future energy portfolio mix.
By prioritizing CHP, WHP and other industrial efficiency measures, the IURC could:
- Make Indiana’s manufacturing sector more competitive;
- Keep pace with other neighboring states;
- Seize unrealized CHP and WHP potential;
- Increase system-wide reliability and resiliency; and
- Respond to Indiana businesses and other energy consumers.
The Alliance sent a similar letter to the Indiana 21st Century Energy Policy Development Task Force in August.
Read the full letter here.pdf Download (82.18 KB)